Many small businesses want to rank highly for key terms and their city or town name. This is called local SEO, and it is accomplished through optimizing a GMB profile, getting reviews, writing great content, building links to their site and other SEO activities. The problem is even with the best of intentions, most business owners don’t have the time for this and they end up hiring an SEO Agency, like Westford Web Design. The question that we are asked quite often is how long do I have to run my SEO campaign.
The short answer to this question is it all depends. However, we always remind our customers, SEO is a long haul commitment. If you just want to buy your way to the top for a short period of time, their is always AdWords and Facebook Ads.
Recently, Search Engine Land published an article that addresses this very concern. The highlights of the article are:
- You stop targeting new terms consistently. This results in fewer new keyword rankings and new traffic.
- You stop creating new pages that can be linked to, and the number of links you earn goes down.
- You stop capturing new visitors to add to your remarketing audiences, email list and push notification list.
- You stop generating content that can be used to create hub pages, which are master pages that link to all other pages on the topic. These often rank very well.
- You stop generating content that gets shared on social media, and thus, generates social media shares and traffic.
- You stop encouraging people to return to your website for new posts. This reduces your branded searches, which are an indicator of quality to Google.
To read the full article, click here.